How to order academic Transcripts from Montana Tech
Academic Transcripts may be ordered in the following ways:
- Internet, the most secure way to order a transcript is to use a credit card at the National Student Clearinghouse. The cost is $10.00 per transcript plus a $2.25 processing fee. To ensure confidentiality and to comply with federal regulations, the National Student Clearinghouse will require a faxed signature release form when ordering a transcript. For frequently asked questions regarding the Clearinghouse, please click on the link in their website.
- In person, at the Enrollment Services Office, complete the Transcript Request Form provided and make payment by cash, credit card, check or money order in the amount of $10.00 at the Business Office (open 7:30 am - 5 pm).
- By mail or fax, by sending the Transcript Request Form to the Enrollment Services Office. The request must be signed.
- Cost: $10.00 per copy
- Faxed transcripts: Additional $3.00 per facsimile transmission
- Transcripts are generally sent within two business days of receipt of the request.
- If a transcript is requested to be sent by a method other than first class mail, the student is responsible for and will be billed for the additional charge(s). Call the Enrollment Services Office at 406-496-4256 to make these special arrangements.
- If an undergraduate student has not completed a Bachelor’s degree but wishes certification on the transcript that he/she completed the General Education Core at Tech, that request should be indicated on the request for transcript.
- With the exception of those Montana post-secondary institutions that hold membership in the "Montana Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers" (MACRAO) organization, faxed transcripts are not recognized as official.
- Official Transcripts will not be released if a student has an unpaid financial obligation to the college or has defaulted on a student loan. Individuals in this situation should contact the Financial Aid Office (student loans) at 406-496-4223 or the Business Office at 406-496- 4250 for all other financial obligations.
- Make checks or money orders payable to Montana Tech.
- Credit card payments must be made to the Business Office prior to the request being processed.
Contact the Business Office at 406-496-4250 to make your payment and record the receipt number on the request form.
- Mailed transcript requests should be sent along with payment to:
1300 West Park Street
Butte, MT 59701-8997
- Faxed transcript requests are accepted 24 hours/day at 406-496-4710.
- Faxed requests receive the same priority as requests via mail or overnight carrier.
- Regular turnaround time as noted above applies.
- Transcripts will not be released until payment is received.
Questions regarding transcripts should be directed to email@example.com. Please note that the forms for ordering transcripts will ask for a student ID. If you do not know your ID, you can contact Enrollment Services at 406-496-4256 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Availability of On-line transcripts and other UM Campus transcripts:
College of Technology (AAS and Certificate degree seeking) transcripts from FALL 1998 to present are available at the National Student Clearinghouse. Transcripts prior to Fall 1998 are on hard copies and must requested at the Enrollment Services Office.
Montana Tech (AS, BS, BAS, & MS degree seeking) transcripts from FALL 1998 to present may be requested through the National Student Clearinghouse. Transcripts prior to Fall 1998 are on hard copies and must be ordered directly from the Enrollment Services Office.
Other UM Units - We are not able to access or view other U of M campus transcripts. Students must request that transcripts from UM-Missoula, UM-Helena, or UM-Western be sent directly to Tech. Those units also are not able to access or view Tech's records.
Request for transmittal of application materials [PDF on external website]
Diploma Request Form [PDF]