If you were previously admitted to Montana Tech as a graduate student but have broken attendance, a new application is required to readmit you and allow you to register for classes.


Application: Complete, sign and submit to Montana Tech's Graduate School Office with all required information. Please send all materials to:

Montana Tech
Graduate School
1300 West Park Street Box 20
Butte, MT 59701


If you have attended classes at any other college/university since attending Tech, have the Registrar send your transcript to the Graduate Studies Office.

Official transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended. Contact the Registrar at previous schools and request official transcripts be forwarded directly to the Graduate School Office. At least one transcript must include evidence of receipt of Bachelor's degree. Transcripts marked "issued to student" are not acceptable.  If your undergraduate education took place outside of the U.S., you are responsible for having your transcripts evaluated on a course-by-course basis by one of these organizations:

An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above is required for full admission. For provisional admission status, an undergraduate GPA between 2.7 and 3.0 is required. For provisional probationary status, an undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 2.7 is required. For students who have completed graduate work or post-baccalaureate study with a GPA above 3.0, exceptions can be considered.

Connect with us.

We can answer your questions and help you get started.

Jesse Taylor
Director Grad Enrollment
(406) 496-4781
MUS 211