Veteran Services, School Certifying Officials
Your School Certifying Officials work in the Enrollment Services Office and report your registration to the VA. Because they are part of the Enrollment Services Office, they often have responsibilities outside of VA reporting but can help you with questions about your admission status, registration, and financial aid.
School Certifying Officials assist veteran students in a variety of ways, including certifying registration to the Department of Veteran’s Affairs with:
- a student's approved program of study;
- the number of hours counting toward a student's current degree plan;
- a student's enrollment status and enrollment period;
- a student's tuition and mandatory fees when applicable.
An SCO may also assist with:
- e-mailing a student with important information pertaining to his/her GI Bill;
- keeping students updated on change or new updates affecting Veteran’s Educational Benefits.